UNMET NEEDS OF ELDERLY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV AND MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN
All differences statistically significant at p < 0.05
“Given the unmet needs and challenges faced by men who have sex with women, healthcare providers and advocates need to find new ways to engage and communicate more effectively with them. Tailoring our approaches to reduce inequalities will support and help men to live better with HIV and its treatment. This also has the added potential to have a positive impact for their sexual partners, given that women are disproportionately affected by HIV.”
- Lazarus JV, et al. Beyond viral suppression of HIV – the new quality of life frontier. BMC Medicine 2016;14:94.
- Okoli C, Corbelli GM, Brough G, Van de Velde N, de los Rios P. Self-care and involvement in managed care among people living with HIV in Europe. Poster P033 Presented at the HIV Glasgow 2020 Congress, October 5 - 8 2020.
- UNAIDS. The Gap Report. Available at: http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/UNAIDS_Gap_report_en.pdf. Last accessed: September 2020.
- Spinelli F, Okoli C, de los Rios P, Nwokolo N, Short D. Social, psychological, and treatment-related challenges of a new HIV diagnosis in old age. Poster P008 Presented at the HIV Glasgow 2020 Congress, October 5 - 8 2020.
- Okoli C, Van de Velde N, Brough G, Hardy WD, Corbelli GM, Allan B, Muchenje M, Castellanos E, Young B, Eremin A, Ramothwala P, de los Rios P. What about me? The unmet needs of MSW & differences in HIV treatment experiences, perceptions and behaviours by gender and sexual orientation in 25 countries. Poster P016 Presented at the HIV Glasgow 2020 Congress, October 5 - 8 2020.