AmplifyChange is a multi-donor, challenge fund which aims to empower young people, men and women to realise their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The vision is to help to secure universal recognition of sexual and reproductive health and rights as human rights - enabling women, men and young people to realise their full potential in safe and supportive environments.
The work focuses on the following priorities within sexual and reproductive health and rights:
- Gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of LGBTI individuals, or HIV status
- Sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education and addressing child and early marriage
- Access to comprehensive reproductive health services for the socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable, including the integrated access to HIV/AIDS services
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion, including decriminalisation of abortion and supporting women’s rights to safe and legal abortion
AmplifyChange supports civil society and community-based groups working in countries where the needs are greatest, in particular Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, providing grants to directly fund local civil society organisations (CSOs) that advocate for and promote better policy and action on neglected sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
Grantees see AmplifyChange as a key partner, providing much needed support in areas other funders have not prioritised. One grantee told us; "Not very many donor organisations fund as bravely." Whilst another noted; “(AmplifyChange) amplifies and accelerates our vision for advocacy on very important and crucial issues we want to advocate.”
AmplifyChange provides grants to directly fund local civil society organisations (CSOs) that advocate for and promote better policy and action on neglected sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
This short video is an introduction to AmplifyChange and its ongoing work:
AmplifyChange launched on 2 February 2015. Since then, we have run 15 grant rounds and reviewed over 4,000 applications from 156 countries. Our current grant portfolio consists of 469 approved grants in 58 countries, with 254 live grants. We have committed more than 32 million Euros to current approved grantees.
We continue to receive applications from a wide, diverse group of countries and there is strong demand for all types of grants that we offer - over 13,600 groups and individuals subscribe to receive information on AmplifyChange.
For more information on who we fund see https://amplifychange.org/grantees/grants/
You can hear directly from our grantees by visiting the AmplifyChange YouTube channel.
Hear the voice of our grantees
In Partnership with AmplifyChange
Supported by Positive Action for Girls & Women