We are 100% dedicated to HIV medicines & research and completely focused on people living with HIV
If you should know one thing about us, know this: we will not rest until there is no person living with HIV left behind. We are proud of the role we played in helping to achieve the U=U (Undetectable=Untransmissable)1,2 milestone, and will continue to ﬁnd new ways to make HIV a smaller part of people’s lives.
From development of innovative medicines to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the management of HIV. We are committed to giving every person living with HIV the quality of life they deserve, until we live in a world without HIV.
We are here until HIV isn’t.
In line with the National strategy, our goal is to virtually eliminate HIV transmission in Australia3
However, such a momentous achievement requires a sustained eﬀort right to the end.3 The HIV response has seen many life-saving developments, but we know there are still barriers to people living with HIV achieving a good quality of life.3
HIV in Australia
We are dedicated to revolutionising what is possible in HIV treatment through:
Strong partnerships with community
- Annual Positive Action Australia Community Grant Program
- Collaborative projects aimed at improving health literacy and quality of life
ViiV Healthcare was established to take a fresh approach to the challenge of HIV. We set ourselves one mission - to leave no person living with HIV behind.
ViiV Healthcare is committed to conducting its business with integrity, in accordance with the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
If you have a general inquiry about ViiV Healthcare, please contact our corporate headquarters.
- ASHM. U=U ASHM Guidance for Healthcare Professionals. Available at: https://ashm.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Resource_ASHMuuguidancehandbookFAweb.pdf Accessed June 2022.
- World AIDS Day Australia. Get the facts. Available at: http://www.worldaidsday.org.au/internet/wad/publishing.nsf/Content/get-the-facts-1 Accessed June 2022.
- Australian Government Depart of Health and Aged Care. Eighth National HIV Strategy 2018–2022. Available at: https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2022/06/eighth-national-hiv-strategy-2018-2022.pdf Accessed June 2022.
- Kirby Institute. HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections in Australia: Annual surveillance report 2021 – HIV. Available at: https://kirby.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/kirby/report/Annual-Surveillance-Report-2021_HIV_221107.pdf Accessed June 2022.
- Kirby Institute. HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections in Australia: Annual surveillance report 2018. Available at: https://kirby.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/kirby/report/KI_Annual-Surveillance-Report-2018.pdf accessed June 2022.
- ViiV Healthcare. About Us. Available at: https://www.viivhealthcare.com/en-gb/about-us/ Accessed June 2022.
- ViiV Healthcare. Data on ﬁle.
- Pharmaceutical Beneﬁts Scheme (PBS). A-Z Medicine Listing. Available at: https://www.pbs.gov.au/pbs/search?term=vi&search-type=medicines&specifiedto=manufacturer Accessed June 2022.