Amplify Impact enables the accompaniment, collaboration and learning needed to achieve the goals of the ViiV Healthcare Positive Action strategy, “Healthy communities in a world free of AIDS”.
The approach is based on a respect for human rights and is conscious of power and power relations that lie at the heart of our work. Our starting point is to begin from a clear purpose, intent and alignment to strategy.
Amplify Impact consists of a series of support options designed to facilitate joined-up impact, ongoing learning and improvement and builds on and replaces earlier, more limited offers of Technical Assistance.
We believe that non-financial assistance should enable partners to be fit-for-purpose and aligned to our strategy and this will require a degree of flexibility and responsiveness within Positive Action.
The Amplify Impact offer
Accompaniment: Technical assistance is available to support grantees with an additional fixed budget allocation (up to 10% of total grant size) to procure required technical assistance for institutional strengthening areas. This is only available to grantees in Innovator and Momentum grants and is self-managed by the grantee and reported on, in line with clear pre-defined requirements and criteria. This has to be applied for during the grant application process. This is clearly marked in the application form.
- Grantees will be able to identify consultants
- Technical assistance is focused on the areas of institutional strengthening (Organisational development, Governance, Systems, etc.)
- Capacity building is available in some thematic areas directly related to the project scope and procured by the grantee
For information on this support category and to find out if you are eligible to apply please email: AMPLIFY.IMPACT@viivhealthcare.com using the subject heading: TA Support Application
Skills Connector: Ability to access advice and short-term, long-distance, specialised support from GSK/ViiV Employees.
Skills Connector focuses on providing a package of support from three hours to ten days (per calendar year) to existing Positive Action grantees. The support available focuses on the following broad areas:
- Business Development and Change Management
- Communications (media, messaging and publicity)
- Data Management and Knowledge Transfer (enhancing data value and distribution)
- Information Technology (IT) (networking and infrastructure)
- Representation and Influence (public speaking, effective representation)
- Sales and/or Marketing (promoting services, securing clients, raising money)
- Legal advice, ideally nationally based lawyers, as appropriate: guidance in registration of organisations, representation on issues of intimate or gender-based violence, drafting MoUs, employment law.
Please note that the Skills connector offer is available to all existing Positive Action grantees.
For information on this support category or to apply please complete the application form here and email it to: AMPLIFY.IMPACT@viivhealthcare.com using the subject heading: Skills Connector Application
The grant manager/Ally collaborates with the grantee to ensure strong grant management and overall performance
Opportunity to connect with other grantees through relevant Linking-and-Learning events and spaces
For information on this support category and to find out if you are eligible to apply please email: AMPLIFY.IMPACT@viivhealthcare.com using the subject heading: Collaboration Application
Learning: Linking partners and grantees to lessons, expertise and insights from other grantmaking streams and sharing results across the portfolio (e.g. paediatric AIDS, harm reduction, HIV related stigma, etc.).
- Thematic Linking-and-Learning spaces (online) and events (online/in person) act as points for learning and exchange, and spaces for initiating new strategic relationships and partnerships amongst grantees
- Using data and learning to inform and shape policy positions and advocacy positions
For information on this support category and to find out if you are eligible to apply please email: AMPLIFY.IMPACT@viivhealthcare.com using the subject heading: Learning Application
OTHER POSITIVE ACTION STRATEGY FUNDING INITIATIVES
The Paediatric Breakthrough partners, working with government and community, aim to locate, link, treat and retain mothers and children at risk or living with HIV.
Positive Action Challenges seek to find innovative solutions to a specific issue related to the HIV and AIDS epidemic.
Community Strategic Initiatives seek to enable people and communities to improve the quality of life of people living with those most at risk of HIV.
Our COVID-19 Community Emergency Response Fund supported community-based organisations in their work to address the specific challenges that have arisen for people living with HIV or affected by HIV as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the package leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple App store. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
If you are from outside the UK, you can report adverse events to GSK/ViiV by selecting your region and market, here.