POSITIVE ACTION FOR MSM & TRANSGENDER PEOPLE
Supporting community-led efforts to address HIV and AIDS, promote sexual health & wellbeing and advance social & economic justice for MSM and transgender people
The current Positive Action programmes and associated grants (Positive Action for Adolescents, Positive Action for Adolescent Girls and Young Women, Positive Action Challenges, Positive Action Europe and Positive Action for MSM and Transgender) are coming to an end.
We will be launching a new Positive Action strategy, including grants and partnerships at ICASA in December 2019.
Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People is central to ViiV Healthcare’s commitment to communities affected by HIV and AIDS.
Each year, we support and build new partnerships with community-based organisations (CBOs) around the world in settings that are either resource-limited or hostile to the LGBT community.
Our small grants programme is the flagship component of Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People; our other activities are focused on supporting the efforts of CBOs to improve sexual health & wellbeing and advance social & economic justice for MSM and transgender people.
These activities include:
- Our Strategic Grants which inform, strengthen and complement the work of CBOs by focusing on: (i) Evidence Generation; (ii) Capacity Building, and; (iii) Promoting an Inclusive Social & Economic Environment, supporting interventions that are either of a larger scale than our small grants or addressing alternative topics.
- Our Support Grants which support CBOs during periods of acute hostility to the LGBT community
- Other grant making initiatives
- A diverse range of non-financial initiatives including:
- Novel conference activities
- Skills-building workshops
- Forums to engage with other CBOs
- Support for nascent LGBT-led organisations in particularly hostile environments
- Our Associates programme (a dedicated programme of grant managers with a diverse skill set related to HIV from across ViiV Healthcare)
We prioritise projects that address the structural barriers to the rights, health and wellbeing of MSM and transgender people including those living with HIV, and those that support and develop their independence and resilience.
The photo above is part of ATLAS2018, a multimedia project giving a face and voice to people affected by HIV. It shows three trans women from Cambodia – Larksmy, Pov-Rechna and Tep-Vana. To learn more about ATLAS2018 and the people in this photo, please click here.
Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People aims to improve sexual health and wellbeing and advance social and economic justice for transgender people and gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in resource-limited and hostile settings.
By doing so, we aim to build evidence that shows that community-level interventions which address HIV in combination with other holistic needs can significantly reduce new HIV infections, STI prevalence and AIDS-related mortality.
To learn more about our approach, please read our Strategy Paper.
Our Small Grants programme is our flagship programme, committing a minimum of £1.25 million each year to initiatives led by and focused on either MSM or transgender people.
Our 2019 Call for Proposals is now closed!
If you have any additional questions about the Call for Proposals, please contact us at email@example.com.
Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People is on Facebook – join our group specifically for LGBT community groups and their allies.
To provide suggestions of how we could collaborate to better support men who have sex with men and transgender people in resource-limited and hostile settings, or to send us feedback, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not accept any grant requests via email and that we unfortunately cannot respond to these.