Explore ViiV Healthcare
Our Response to COVID-19
In these uncertain times, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, and people living with HIV remains ViiV Healthcare’s top priority. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect communities in Canada and around the world, our hearts go out to those impacted, and we want to share our response to the evolving situation.
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact. We believe it is our responsibility to prioritize two things:
- our commitment to supporting the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and people living with HIV;
- protecting our ability to manufacture and supply medicines
Consistent with our values and role as the only global healthcare company solely focused on HIV, we will continue to make decisions informed by the latest science and in consultation with leading health authorities.
In-line with these principles, we have implemented a variety of measures to help prevent spread of disease and minimize disruption to our operations.
- Ensuring medicine supply and patient access. At this time, there is no impact to supply of our medicines in Canada as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are continuing to closely monitor the situation and will keep you updated on any changes. We have supply chain planning in place for our products, which includes measures to secure reliable supply, such as holding strategic stock.
- Caring for our people and communities. We have taken several temporary measures to protect the well-being of our employees and the communities in which we operate. We have directed our field teams to suspend all face-to-face interactions and refrain from visits to clinical offices, healthcare centers and other customer offices. Virtual interactions will be implemented to ensure we continue to provide support and ensure adequate supply and access to resources and our medicines.
- Contributing to the fight against COVID-19. We are conducting some exploratory research to see if our medicines may have the potential to demonstrate impact, although it is too early to speculate on any benefit. We are pleased that GSK, is contributing its science and expertise where they can have most impact on the outbreak.
Patient focus is one of our core values and we are proud of our employees and their commitment to people living with HIV during these challenging times.
The situation is changing rapidly, and we are closely monitoring this as we seek to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, limit the spread of the disease, and continue to make our products available to all who need them. We will continue our vigilance in assessing the situation.
General Manager, Canada
If you are a member of the Canadian media and you require more information from ViiV Healthcare in Canada, please call 1-905-819-3363.
The telephone number above is for media enquiries only.