THE NGOs AND PATIENT ADVOCACY GROUPS WE FUND
ViiV Healthcare recognises the enormous significance of the community response to HIV/AIDS. The company remains committed not only to improve access for individuals to the HIV medicines they need, but also to support the communities most affected by the disease. For people living with or vulnerable to HIV, the community plays a crucial role: providing direct support, advocating prevention, educating peers, campaigning for services and treatment, and standing up to discrimination and the abuse of human rights.
We are committed to working with patient groups at the highest levels of transparency and ethical standards. Key principles of our work with patient groups are trust and mutual respect. We enter into relationships committed to sustaining a long-term working relationship, which also reinforces the credibility and independence of patient groups.
Global principles for working with patient groups
- The independence of patient groups, of their political judgement and of their activities shall be assured
- In all co-operative matters, transparency is vital
- Any joint policies undertaken between patient groups and ViiV Healthcare shall be based on mutual respect and trust
- We shall refrain from using undue influence to promote specific medicines or services
- In any working with patient groups we will always comply with local laws/governance
View funding, grants, charitable contributions and joint working agreements by year
NP-GBL-HVX-COCO-220034 November 2021.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the package leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple App store. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
If you are from outside the UK, you can report adverse events to GSK/ViiV by selecting your region and market, here.